Monday, March 30, 2009

Dan's 30th Birthday Party!

Soooo...Dan's birthday is April 4th and he turns 30!! I can't believe it! So I threw him a birthday party since it is a big one. Might I add this is the first real party we have had in our apartment, and this is the first birthday party we have had for him since we have been together, for some reason I am the only one that got parties. So I didn't know how this was going to turn out, we reserved the clubhouse and I got the Taco Man for food. And of course I was super sick all week and was nervous that I wasn't going to be well before the party, but I did!! The day of the party I still had a bunch of stuff to do, I got my hair cut, I had to still clean the bathroom floor, bake the cake, make the jello shots, go to the grocery store, and get ready. I got back from my haircut at 1:30 and the party started at 4!! So I was running around, and of course Kristen and my mom said that they would come early to help decorate...3:45 is early for them. However, I managed to get it ALL done, thanks to Dan's help of course.



So these are some of our good friends...Darren, Neal, and Zach...It was March Mustache Madness for the Corona Fire Department, and Neal the guy in the middle is a captain, he normally doesn't look that funny. There are 6 pool tables upstairs in the clubhouse which is awesome because it gave everyone something to do! Our clubhouse is actually pretty cool...actually our whole apartments are.
And of course most of my good pictures are of Charlee!!! She is getting so big and she is soooo freaking cute I can't stand it. She has a bunch of teeth and in the above pic you can see her showing them off! I miss her when I am not with her, she was a major trooper and stayed up late. We of course tried to put her down at bedtime but with all the people it just wasn't happening. She loves the camera...or maybe its just me she loves!
Here she is again posing with her mama. Kristen is very proud of that jacket she bought Charlee, I must say it is cute!
So Dan opened up his first gift from Darcy and Brittany and I am sure he was super excited to see this bridal magazine. They keep teasing him about all the wedding stuff, but I thought this was hilarious, and I was excited to look through it....but....

They really cut out the middle of the magazine and hid this Wii game, Dan and I love playing Wii!! It is Pinball!! We still haven't tried it but I am sure it will be fun.
This is Darcy with Ella, Ella doesn't have a problem sleeping when there is a bunch of people around. She isn't as nosey and Charlee, Charlee has to know everything that is going on.

This is when we were all singing to Dan, the guy in the red shirt is my Uncle John. Dan and him get a long really well, they have the same sense of humor, and both love beer...A LOT!! See Charlee? She wants to know what the heck is going on! She is just so amazing! I love her! She also loves food, and is probably staring at the cake...my uncle in the back is trying to throw the balloons on the candles, and when we were all done singing, he did it successfully. It popped the balloon of course, and all the candles went out!

This is my cousin Bryan, cousin Erbie, and Uncle Dave, and my mom...probably laughing at Dan or Uncle John... The shot of the evening was the Chocolate cake shots...Vodka, Frangelico, a lemon and some sugar. After you take the shot, you suck the lemon and it takes like chocolate cake, I don't know how it works but it does, and I must say they are definitely the best shots!! Everyone was doing it...the guy next to Dan to the left...is another firefighter, you can't tell really but he also has a mustache.
These are our friends from Czech Petr and Gabby...and their 2 daughters...Nina is the little girl in the front and you can't see Sofia, she is only 3 months old. They are both ADORABLE!

And this is Dan...with his mustache. The big deal about the mustache is that we didn't think Dan could really grow one...however the department let him start in February so by the end of March he actually had a mustache!! He hates it, I don't think it is so bad, but I do miss smoothness...when I get home today it will be gone... This is our messy kitchen the day after our party. The party wasn't even in our apartment and our apartment still ended up being a disaster, when we moved everything from the clubhouse to the apartment...plus about 10 people. We had a few spend the night that couldn't drive home, and a couple that had to because their car got towed...that was sad...so Dan made breakfast for everyone in the morning. However, was too hungover to clean up, and I didn't want to either, so the mess sat their until Monday night when I got home from school.

All in all the party was awesome, it turned out exactly how I wanted it to be, it was worth every dime! Dan had fun he definitely deserved this party! Everyone showed up, and everyone loved our apartments. Our apartment building is unique, trees everywhere, and the clubhouse is super cozy. I am so grateful for our friends and my family! They are so all so much fun! I can't wait until our next party!

Oh and some wedding updates...I got my dress!! I am going to a Bridal Expo on the 26th so after that I hope to have most of the little things done. I already know what we are doing for the favors, flowers, and cake. We just need to get the bridesmaids and flower girls dresses...and of course the tuxes. Well I can probably go on about all the things we do need to do because all that is really done for sure is the dress...

Not only do we have the bridal expo coming up, but Dan's brother is coming into town and I think we are going to Sea World...if not there than the Wild Animal Park, I will take lots of pictures and post all that up. Then Dan's parent's will be in town, we'll probably do something fun then too! Then Britney Spears concert with Kristen, Jennifer, and Jackie, I will probably take lots of pictures for that too. And...if I have enough time after all that I will post more pics of Charlee, I have a zillion and she is just so dang cute!!

1 comment:

Rebecca M said...

How fun!

Good luck with your wedding planning!!

OOO, Britney!! I can't wait to GO! Tracy and I are going Thursday, the 16th! YAY!!